This will be our 41st year of our annual Missions Conference. Our theme this year is “The Voice” taken from John 1:23, which shows us that we (as Christians) have the responsibility to be on mission and be a voice for God in the context God has placed us. For some that’s International missions, for some that’s North America, for some that’s Louisiana, and for us it’s most definitely Shreveport! That’s why this year our guest missionaries will include International missionaries, North American missionaries, missionaries in Louisiana and missionaries down the street in Shreveport! We hope you’ll make plans to join us for our annual missions conference, February 3rd – 10th at Calvary.
– Eric Resendez & Family – El Salvador
– Kyle Canty – Philidelphia
– Mauro Bravo – Argentina
– Abraham Vema – New York City
– Stephen McKinney – New Orleans Port Ministry
– David Bryant – Mexico
– Jeff Slaughter – Europe
– Lori & Trevor Overcash – India
– JJ Alderman – Africa
– Cassie Hammett – The Hub
– Larry Otwell – Shreveport/ Bossier Rescue Mission
– Jodi Burns – Heart of Hope
– Hayden Slack & Ira Jewitt – FCA
– Dr. Perry Hancock – LA Baptist Children’s Home (Monroe)
– Sunday Feb. 3 @ 9:30am: Guest Missionary Speakers in Sunday School Classes
– Sunday Feb. 3 @ 8:30am & 10:50am: Guest Speakers Eric Resendez & Dr. Perry Hancock during worship.
– Sunday Feb. 3 @ 5:30pm: Guest Missionary Speakers at Sunday School hosted Super Bowl watch parties
– Monday Feb. 4: Missionary Presentations at CBA – MS & HS
– Monday Feb. 4: Deacon Missionary Dinner
– Tuesday Feb. 5: Missionary in MS & HS chapel. Academy Presentations – Elementary
– Tuesday Feb. 5: Guest Missionary speaking at Senior Adult Luncheon
– Tuesday Feb. 5 @ 6pm: SERVE SHREVEPORT NIGHT (church members & missionaries)
– Wednesday Feb. 6 @ 5:30pm: Church wide dinner & worship – Guest Speaker: Cassie Hammett
– Thursday Feb. 7: Missionary in Elementary Chapel
– Sunday Feb. 10: PLEDGE SUNDAY FOR FAITH MISSIONS
Our annual Calvary’s Got Talent is set for Wednesday night March 20th at 6pm in the worship center! We hope you can join us for another great year of performances from students, great food and an opportunity to help students go to camp this summer. You do not want to miss this GREAT night at Calvary! – TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW! Get yours by filling out the form below.
**ALL PROCEEDS FROM THIS EVENT WILL GO TO SUPPORT STUDENTS GOING TO CAMP THIS SUMMER**
This year we are doing a seperate camp for our middle schoolers, it’s called Crossings! Crossings is located in the south western part of Kentucky, in a town called Aurora. Crossings offers dynamic and engaging worship, top notch large group and small group Bible study, lake activities (including zip lines, water slides, a blob, etc.), outdoor activities (including bazooka ball, zip lining, laser tag, etc.), and relationship building. The total cost for this camp will be $460. To save your student a spot for this amazing week go to calvaryshreveport.org/students, register your student under the events section, and pay your $100 deposit! That will ensure your student a spot for MS Camp 2019! DEADLINE TO REGISTER IS SUNDAY FEB. 17TH!
This year we are separating our High School and Middle School students for camp. So, Big Stuf will now be a High School only camp! Big Stuf is located in Panama City Beach, FL. Big Stuf offers time on the beach, dynamic and engaging worship, time of the beach, relationship building, and did I say time on the beach? The total cost for this camp will be $500. To save your student a spot for this amazing week go to calvaryshreveport.org/students
Join us on Monday night March 4th for a special night of training with youth ministry guru Stuart Hall, known for his involvement with Big Stuf camps & Orange!
We will start off at 6pm with a special training geared toward our volunteers. Then at 7pm we will transition into a time of training & a question and answer session for parents. This is going to be an incredible evening of training, helpful information and great discussion that you will not want to miss! We hope you will plan to join us on March 4th for our CBC Students Training Event!