The Student Pastor Search Committee is glad to announce they have found a candidate to present to the church. Their process involved researching many prospects and interviewing a few great candidates. After much prayer and evaluation over several months they’d like to present to you Allen Flood.
- Currently serves as Student Pastor at the First Baptist Church of North Vernon, Indiana (since Feb. 2014)
- Graduating with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Christian Ministry from The Leavell College at New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary in May 2018.
- Married to Lindsay (2009) who is a 6th grade school teacher
- Son Noah (3 years) adopted in Sept. 2014
Schedule of Activities:
- Saturday, April 14th (6:00p) Cookout in the Courtyard
- Student & Parents invited to this informal “meet & greet” followed by a Q & A time with Allen & his family
- Sunday, April 15th
- (8:30 & 10:50a) Allen & family introduced in the morning worship services
- (9:30a) Allen will teach a unified Student Ministry Sunday School
Monday, April 16th
- (6:30p) Dinner with Student Ministry volunteers
– Tuesday, April 17th
- (8:50a & 9:40a) Speaking in Academy chapels for both Middle School and High School
- Wednesday, April 18th
- (5:30p) Church wide “meet & greet” with Allen & his family in the Foyer
- (6:30p) Allen will preach “In View of a Call” and a church-wide business meeting to vote (with Q & A) will be held at the conclusion of the service in order to determine if we will extend the “Call” for Allen Flood to become our new Student Pastor.
- In addition to these meetings Allen will be meeting with our church Personnel Committee, Deacons and staff to share his heart and vision for Student Ministry.
The Student Pastor Search Committee consist of:
- Pastor John Lary
- Pastor Marc Roath
- Eric Toups – Personnel Committee member, Deacon & Student Ministry Sunday School teacher
- Chad Falls – Deacon and parents two students
- Eric Lyddy – Student Ministry volunteer, Deacon and parents of two students
- Brandy Pierce – Student Ministry volunteer and parents to two students
- Kimberly Wardell – Youth Sunday School teacher and parent of three students
The Flood family began in 2007 when Lindsay was working at East Elementary School, the same school Allen’s mom worked at. After an introduction from Allen’s mom, their conversations continued until they got engaged in 2008 and were married May 30th, 2009. Shortly after being married, Lindsay and Allen moved to New Orleans for Allen to begin his seminary studies at Leavell College, the undergraduate program at New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary. While in New Orleans, Lindsay and Allen served in worship ministry at a local church plant, as well as student ministry for two years. The Floods were also a part of campus life at NOBTS. While in New Orleans, Allen and Lindsay began the process of adoption and God provided the perfect child for them in September of 2014. His name is Noah Travis Flood. Allen and Lindsay originally planned to name their son Gabe Lucas Flood, but God had a different plan. On the way to the hospital to meet their son for the first time, Allen and Lindsay were notified that he birth mom had named their little boy Noah, because she knew Allen and Lindsay were people of faith. Thus, beginning the journey and story of Noah Travis Flood. Currently, Lindsay is a 6th grade reading teacher and has been teaching for 8 years. Allen is a student pastor and has been in ministry for many years. Allen, Lindsay, and Noah are excited about the doors God is opening at Calvary and are excited to love God, love others, and make disciples in Louisiana once again!
To God Be The Glory,